As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, we will use this page to communicate to our customers how Owen Cleaners is responding to the crisis. This page was updated on 4/14/20.
What We Are Doing
Our primary objective is to monitor and comply with local, state and Federal guidelines for the safety of our customers and employees. Here are some of the steps we have already taken:
- Closed our stores in Reidland, Lone Oak and at 28th & Clark
- Moved all customer orders to our Main Plant in downtown Paducah at 1021 Kentucky Avenue
- Communicated and initiated sanitizing procedures for employees and stores
- Requested all employees to remain home if they have any symptoms of the virus
- Posted warning signs on all doors in response to an order from the Governor of Kentucky
- Began serving customers from their cars at our Main Plant (similar to how restaurants are now providing drive up service)
- Expanded free home or office pickup and delivery to include free on demand pickup or delivery anywhere in McCracken County
We will take additional responses and measures as the situation continues to change. Please check back to this page for the latest updates.
What You Can Do
As a customer, we hope you will help us continue to provide an essential service to our community in a safe and convenient manner. Here are some steps for customers to consider:
- Drop off cleaning in person at our Main Plant on Kentucky Avenue
- When coming to our Main Plant, please remain in your car to allow our clerks to come outside to serve you directly from your car.
- If you cannot make it to our Main Plant, please call us at (270) 444-7227 to arrange a free pickup or delivery from your home or office.
- During this national emergency, we are offering free pickup and delivery to anyone within McCracken County.
How Professional DryCleaning and Laundering Can Help
As customers try to keep their homes and offices as safe as possible, it is important to note that the CDC advises that professional drycleaning and laundering processes are known to help kill viruses. Here are some of the ways:
- We use modern, high-tech drycleaning and wetcleaning machines and detergents that are designed to effectively remove dirt, germs and other contaminants during the cleaning process
- The drying cycles for both drycleaning and wetcleaning utilize high temperatures in a highly controlled and safe manner that can also kill viruses
- We inject steam into medical laundry cycles to raise water temperatures above 160 degrees F which is necessary for killing blood-borne pathogens
- We safely press garments with steam at temperatures as high as 325 degrees F
There are multiple steps in our professional drycleaning and laundry processes that are designed to kill bacteria and viruses, and our processes are much more robust that the average home washer and dryer.
Still Have Questions?
Please click on the link below to download and read the following announcement from the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute:
In the global and nationwide fight to stop the COVID-19 virus, we hope that our customers remember that Owen Cleaners can be another resource.
If we can help in any way, please give us a call at (270) 444-7227.