As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, we will use this page to communicate to our customers how Owen Cleaners is responding to the crisis. This page was updated on 3/24/20.
What We Are Doing
Our primary objective is to monitor and comply with local, state and Federal guidelines for the safety of our customers and employees. Here are some of the steps we have already taken:
- Closed our Reidland and 28th & Clark stores
- Communicated and initiated sanitizing procedures for employees and stores
- Requested all employees to remain home if they have any symptoms of the virus
- Posted warning signs on all doors in response to an order from the Governor of Kentucky
- Closed our lobbies and started in-car service at our Main Plant and Lone Oak stores (similar to how restaurants are now providing drive up service)
- Expanded free home or office pickup and delivery to include free on demand pickup or delivery
We will take additional responses and measures as the situation continues to change. Please check back to this page for the latest updates.
What You Can Do
As a customer, we hope you will help us continue to provide an essential service to our community in a safe and convenient manner. Here are some steps for customers to consider:
- Drop off cleaning in person at our main plant on Kentucky Avenue or our store in Lone Oak across from Bank’s Market
- When coming to one of our stores in person, please use the drive up lanes and remain in your car. Our clerks will come out to serve you right from the car so that you do not have to come into the store. This applies to both drop offs and pickups.
- If you cannot make it to one of our stores, please feel free to call us at (270) 444-7227 to arrange a pickup or delivery from your home or office. During this national emergency, we are offering free pickup and delivery to anyone within McCracken County.
How Professional DryCleaning and Laundering Can Help
As customers try to keep their homes and offices as safe as possible, it is important to note that the CDC advises that professional drycleaning and laundering processes are known to help kill viruses. Here are some of the ways:
- We use modern, high-tech drycleaning and wetcleaning machines and detergents that are designed to effectively remove dirt, germs and other contaminants during the cleaning process
- The drying cycles for both drycleaning and wetcleaning utilize high temperatures in a highly controlled and safe manner that can also kill viruses
- We inject steam into medical laundry cycles to raise water temperatures above 160 degrees F which is necessary for killing blood-borne pathogens
- We safely press garments with steam at temperatures as high as 325 degrees F
There are multiple steps in our professional drycleaning and laundry processes that are designed to kill bacteria and viruses, and our processes are much more robust that the average home washer and dryer.
Still Have Questions?
Please click on the link below to download and read the following announcement from the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute:
In the global and nationwide fight to stop the COVID-19 virus, we hope that our customers remember that Owen Cleaners can be another resource.
If we can help in any way, please give us a call at (270) 444-7227.